Welcome to our Sacred Stones, Sacred Stories blog site. Through it we hope to post updates on our monastery renovation project so you can follow its progress from beginning to end.
The beginning of the project actually started in earnest in January, 2007. It was then that the sisters began a series of discernment meetings that covered a span of ten months. Through prayerful dialogue with one another we came to realize that the building our congregation has called home for the past one hundred years was no longer adequately meeting the needs of a multi-generational community.
The decisions we reached were based on the following guidelines:
- The Clyde monastery will be a place of prayer, community and contemplative life which fosters our relationship with Christ Jesus and one another.
- Our space will emanate beauty, spaciousness and our unique heritage
- Our space will provide distinct areas for enclosure, hospitality, work and leisure.
- Our space will respect the multi-generational needs of our current and future community.
- Our space will manifest our commitment to judicious use of our natural, material and financial resources.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.