The most critical needs are:
- Multiple floor level changes with stairs difficult for older Sisters to use
- Costly heating system that relies on propane, a non-renewable energy source
- No central air conditioning
- A decades-old, back-up generator that cannot power modern equipment in an emergency
- Bedroom/restroom proximity
- Obsolete boiler and outdated plumbing
- Excess space to maintain and heat
- Inaccessibility of main entrance and chapels for pilgrims and guests
- Inability to access new technology for education and ministry
Many Sisters have difficulty navigating through the monastery’s uneven floor levels and long halls.
|The only relief during hot, humid summers comes from a few window box air conditioners.